Establishment Labs S.A. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Establishment Labs S.A. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you agree with any changes implemented. This policy is effective from March 1st, 2010. (Latest Revision: March 1st, 2014)
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Implants serial numbers
- Name of attending surgeons
- Procedures dates
You may decide not to provide the information requested in the forms or anywhere in the website, but the submittal of the complete information required may be a condition to receive certain benefits, warranties or coverage that will not be granted, provided or furnished unless the complete information is provided.
What we do with the information we gather
We will not share your medical information except as required by the law or with your express authorization. We will use your personal data and information in accordance and conformity with the terms described in the Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and the Council of 24 October 1995, and other applicable international and local regulations.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Mandatory Materiovigilance purposes.
- Ascertain and verification of your participation in determined warranty or insurance programs.
- We may use your information to contact you if there may be any important health information you should be given.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may send you emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research or medical research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may share the Information with your consent or as you may direct.
- We may share the information with our insurance providers, who shall protect your information with the same care and only use your information in accordance with our instructions.
- We may share the information with our service providers, who shall protect your information and only use your information in accordance with our instructions.
- We may also disclose information when required by law or by the courts of the countries where we have operations.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind (opt-out) at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
You may also request to exclude from our data base any information which is not required by materiovigilance regulations to be kept. Nevertheless, that will also be understood as a resignation of any right or claim which exists or may exist, on any program, warranty or coverage which may have been granted with the condition of providing the required information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or there is any information that may have changed or needs updating, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information which we think you may find interesting.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.